Saturday, December 5, 2009

Family Day

cutie patootie




Nyah loves taking a bath! She never wants to get out, even when the water gets cold.
Her favorite things to do in the bath are poop and drink the water (not in that order).
Makaylee's not so excited about taking a bath with her anymore.

Perfecting the skill of talking on the phone and driving already!



Nyah with Auntie Erica at Hometown Buffet after the funeral. They should have charged us for Nyah...this girl can eat!


Orin's grandfather's funeral was today. It was nice to hear all the stories of how he loved to help others. Also I liked how family commented that they never heard him say anything negative about anyone else- never. Listened to a whistle solo of "Great is Thy Faithfulness" by one of his buddies and a recording of Grandpa singing "Beulah Land". He left such a Godly heritage for his children and grandchildren. I didn't think I was going to cry until Makaylee did. Then she gently stroked my arm, "Don't cry, Mommy, we are going to see him in heaven."
Tomorrow we are going to an Ethiopian church and the service is in Amharic. The Ethiopian family we met in Costco invited us to see their son Dawit (David in English) get dedicated to God. Then we are coming home to have a Leave it To Beaver marathon with Marquez and Makaylee. They love this show! And I love how it models good values for the kids like respecting your parents and telling the truth.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so how great is it that you went to an dedication service for someone you met at COSTCO??!!??!!

    I love that!

    The pictures are fantastic! They children are cuties. And the picture of your baby passed out while watching a game...

    Life is good. :)

    ReplyDelete