Orin worked over 75 hours last week in the 100+ degree heat last week. But he is such a good sport when he hits the couch and gets mauled by his adoring fans. Did I mention how much I love this guy? Our 8 year anniversary is in 2 weeks and grandma is babysitting. I miss Marquez. He is at Trout Creek Bible Camp for the week. I went there when I was a kid and my parents both worked on staff as teenagers. (My mom had a crush on my dad that summer and now their grandson is going to the same camp. How weird is that?) Anyways, so us girls drop Marquez off yesterday morning and he is a little nervous looking around at all the hoards of unfamiliar kids. Suddenly he spots three buddies from his class at school. Cabin assignments are being made soon so the four boys link arms and circumnavigate the crowds so they can be sure to be in the same cabin. He is going to have a blast. Pray for him though because he was a little worried when he found out that he wouldn't be able to call us the whole week. He admitted he gets "a little" homesick at nights. Today we mailed out 3 letters to him. Mail is passed out in the lodge where the campers eat and if any camper gets 3 or more letters on the same day, they have to kiss the moose in front of everyone. Or the big, ugly boarhead on the wall. It is embarrassing but memorable!
Poor Orin, I wondere how they deal with that heat and all their walking.
ReplyDeleteMarquez will have a great time.