Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nyah's getting so big she's climbing right out of the pool now!



My mom cooked us a gourmet dinner as usual and spoiled us rotten.


Nyah skipped her afternoon nap because of all the excitement from family being over. She was out as soon as they left. Such a sweet baby. I just held her for an hour because I didn't want to put her in her crib. All the information I've read about the bonding/attachment process in books and on the internet hasn't really amounted to anything. I am so attached to her. It is just instinct. And babies can feel that. They know when they are loved and they respond in turn. That's all there is to it. Pretty easy, really. I wasted so much time before we went to Ethiopia worrying that she wouldn't bond with us and reading about things I could do to facilitate that process, but it is as easy as falling head over heels in love with them and they know it. More than one person has told me that Nyah is spoiled and acts demanding. You can't love a baby too much. There is no such thing as over-loving a child who has been without a mommy to give her individual attention for the first 6 months of life. And she is only a baby once. Good, if she acts spoiled and demanding, that means she knows that I am there for her and she is confident that if she cries I will meet her needs or pick her up.


No comments:

Post a Comment