Sunday, May 2, 2010

Welcome Home Baby Girl!

"Please, please can I feed her!"


proud Papa
One year ago on May 2nd we brought little Biruktawit home to American soil! What a joyous day that was! Orin's parents picked us up at the airport and Orin's mom even spent the night so that we could get a good night's rest after being in transit for a day and a half. Little baby girl was such a good flyer the last leg of the trip and slept all the way from San Fran to Portland :) It was such a relief to be reunited with Marquez and Makaylee and show them their new baby sister. Makaylee lost no time in putting on her new Ethiopian dress and asking a million times to bottle feed her sister. Little Biruktawit was so exhausted that she just stared into all the new faces expressionless and then slept most of the time. Poor little thing was suffering from overload! All the changes she had experienced in the last couple days had left her completely wiped out.
It was so good to be back but you know what? I left my heart in Ethiopia. I fell in love with the people of Ethiopia and as I am writing this, my heart longs to be back there again. It is time to go back. I feel it. Orin feels it. Only time will tell. But there is an unmistakable pull that I can't describe.

3 comments:

  1. Wow she was so little. Hard to believe it has been a year already. I so understand you comment about Ethiopia, I feel the same way. I think everyone that has adopted from there I have spoken to has that same feeling. Can't put it into words, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! And, I look forward to hearing about your next visit there!!!

    ReplyDelete