Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sad

After 4 hours of deliberating, the vote was 2-1. Our family
got the 1. There are no words to describe how that feels
but mostly I feel sadness for Makaylee that she will not get
to grow up with her sister by her side and share in life with
her. But God is good and his plans are best. I am sure there is
a reason for this and trust Him. But it is hard to explain that
to a 6 year old whose understanding of God at this age is that
of a fairy godmother or Santa Claus- you ask, He gives.
Sometimes God's answer is no. When Orin and I were doing
infertility treatments, month after month God's answer was no.
And then we looked into Ethiopian adoption, and sweet, precious
Nyah was placed in our arms 13 months later. And I was glad that
God's answer had been no. I am so glad that he didn't give in to my
begging and pleading with him- I never would have met Nyah, or
Marquez or Makaylee. So while it may be hard to understand now,
there still is a peace.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jill I'm so sorry. That is so sad for everyone. Is there any way Makaylee can still visit with her and be in her life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I don't understand the entire situation, I am so very sorry to hear this news. I hope Makaylee and her sister are able to still be part of each other's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that your family was not selected. I will be praying for you! I will especially be praying for Makaylee. I could not imagine the heart break for her.

    ReplyDelete