Friday, September 25, 2009

Day Trip in Pictures: Newport, Oregon





























































5 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, thanks for the comment you left me. You're right, our babies do look similar, especially when they smile. Tarika's from Shoarobit, which is an Amhara town about four hours northeast of Addis. Where's Nyah from?

    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually drive through Dire Dawa to get to Shoarobit. Shoarobit is quite a bit lower in elevation than Dira Dawa, but our daughters are definitely from the same general area of Ethiopia. Did you visit Dira Dawa? I thought it was beautiful--we drove through early in the morning, and there was fog everywhere, and everything was so lush and green. The people looked awfully cold, though. I was so amazed by the beauty all along the drive northwest of Addis--it's really a beautiful part of the country to be born in. I hope our daughters can meet someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! You have a beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jill, my computer quit a month ago, with all my pictures of Ethiopia on it. As soon as I buy a new one (I've been scouring eBay--hope to have one soon), the repair guy will transfer all the pictures onto the new hard drive, at which point I would be happy to send you any thatI have of Dire Dawa. I think most were just snapped out the car window, but I will most definitely send them your way!

    ReplyDelete