It was Orin and I's first time ever to host Thanksgiving at our house. Orin's dad has been trying to get us to do it for years but I wasn't that confident in my cooking abilities. But this year I decided to give Orin's mom a break and just wing it! It turned out great and was a lot of fun and not as hard as I thought it would be :)
Jenae got us all peppermint mochas for extra energy. Nyah used all the caffeine to completely skip her nap for the day. There was no way she was going to go down and miss all the action. She reminds me a lot of my Grandma- never one to miss a party ;)








The kids wait until the company leaves to start devouring their "Thanksgiving house".
We had warned them that it would be rock solid but that didn't stop them!Nyah couldn't tell the difference.
Christmas is definately my favorite holiday, but in some ways Thanksgiving is too because it is about remembering what God has given us. And I really like that the kids just focus on spending time with family and relationships instead of focusing on presents and what they are going to get! Thank goodness they haven't tried to materialize Thanksgiving yet. Its still one of the last untouched holidays.


Wow that is a lot a people in your kitchen:)
ReplyDeleteThanksgiving is my favorite holiday, because it is all about family and being thankful.