Wednesday, October 27, 2010

No News is Good News?

Marquez gives out zebra rides while Nyah squeals wildly in delight

I heard from my parents when they arrived in Ethiopia and they were planning on going to sleep. Perfect, because it was nighttime over there! Now they won't have jet lag and can switch right to Ethiopian time :)

Now I haven't heard from them in two days... and being the natural worrier that I am... They are usually so good with returning emails right away and I've been emailing during Ethiopia daytime. Hmmm.... we shall see. Power and internet access is sporadic over there so meanwhile Orin, the kids and I wait on pins and needles to see how their first meeting with B went at her orphanage.

birthday balloons providing endless hours of entertainment

2 comments:

  1. When we were in Ethiopia I had planned to e-mail family daily but I could only get the internet to work once.. So I wouldn't worry. That's exciting that they made it! I'm so happy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so hard to wait for something so exciting. I'm sure your Mom and Dad made her feel comfortable and I hope the bonding has begun.

    ReplyDelete